Important considerations when looking to buy Real Estate Worcester in Ma.
So, you’ve found your dream home. You’ve agreed upon a price and a professional home inspector has signed off on the quality of your purchase. Before the seller turns over the keys to you and relinquishes all responsibility for the home, you need to complete a final walk-through to ensure everything is in order. To make sure you don’t accidentally miss any problem areas, the following are five essential components you must check during this crucial inspection:
– Although it might seem ridiculous that you would have to check, be sure to check all light switches and electrical plugs when doing a final walk-through. Not only do you want to know what each switch controls, you also want to make sure there are no electrical issues prior to finalizing a sale. Carry an object like a hair dryer with you and plug it into every electrical outlet in the home.
– Ensure all ceiling fans are in working order, including bathroom and laundry room fans. Look for signs of moisture condensation around fans to make sure vents aren’t plugged and in need of cleaning.
– Air conditioning units and baseboard heaters should also be checked. Air conditioning repairs can be quite costly; if there’s a repair needed, you want to make sure the seller pays the bill. The same theory applies to heaters and ducting. Be sure you know the next due date for maintenance and that all warranty and maintenance records are turned over to you upon sale.
– Another no-brainer is to ensure all appliances are in working order. Are there any condensation leaks behind the refrigerator? Has the range hood fan been properly maintained? Unless you plan to replace all appliances once your offer to purchase has been accepted, you’ll want to double-check the condition of existing units.
– Confirm the quality of existing windows and that all are in working order. Can you open and close windows with ease? Are there condensation issues in between panes? Look for signs of wear and tear inside window frames to make sure the current owner hasn’t just recently cleared away signs of moisture or mold build-up.
The final walk-through is your last chance to make sure your new home is everything you hoped for. Failure to spot signs of trouble can mean you’re on the hook for any repairs. Don’t be unaware of the importance of this final act before you take possession of the home.
S & R Properties based in Leicester, Ma. has you covered. We have over 20 years of experience representing real estate clients throughout Worcester County Ma.